OceanSide church of Christ
|Previous||Return to Acts||Next|
Honesty vs. Dishonesty
Larry J. Paulk
Honesty vs. Dishonesty (10)
Truth Overcomes Lies (10)
A Faithful Servant Rewarded (8)
Complaint involving Grecian widows “were neglected”
“Mind will take you anywhere you want to go” Perceive discrimination then to you it is true.
Greek speaking Jews if you suspect dishonest treatment “fairness” then you choose seven men of HONEST report.
Some use this example to distinguish between the work of elders and deacons. That elders are over the “spiritual matters and deacons are over physical, material, and financial matters in the church.
ELDERS ARE OVER ALL THE WORK OF THE CHURCH BUT ARE NOT TO DO ALL THE WORK OF THE CHURCH I Tim 3:-
Apostles gave themselves continually to prayer. If the apostles chosen by our Lord felt the need to pray what does that say about the prayer life of Christians?
Pray for church growth “Pray as if it all depends on God and work as if it all depends on you”
Church growth continues 7-8
Disputes over doctrine 9-12
Twisted truth 13-14
Looking into the face of an angel 15
1. When truth is taught and the church is at peace those who oppose can be converted.
(priests) vs. 7
2. If you are faithful in the small,humble, lowly service (waiting tables) God will have a much larger place for you in his service. People want to do the big things but are not willing to do the little things.
(Parable of Talents Matt. 25:14, Matt. 23:12, Humble –exalted, Luke 14:10 wedding feasr honored seat)
3. “Half-truth is a whole lie” take someone’s words out of context prove anything (14) Genesis 20:12 King Abimalec and Sarah – Abraham “she is my sister”
4. When the enemy cannot respond to logical arguments they will turn to evil methods to overcome. (11)
5. There are times when Christians get to speak to many important people under adverse conditions. (ATLANTIC BEACH CITY COUNCIL)