OceanSide church of Christ
|Previous||Return to list of sermons||Next|
A Sermon in Athens
Text: Acts 17:22-34
1. Background of the Event, City, etc.
2. Paulís time waiting in Athens
I. The Apostle (his defense)
B. Passed by
II. The Athenians (their response)
III. The Application (our lesson)
A. We must take every opportunity to proclaim
i. When they mock
ii. When they put off
iii. When they believe
B. We rejoice because we have been obedient to Godís Word
1. There is so much for us to do in the kingdom.
2. We must learn to look for and seize opportunities when they present themselves.
3. Let us learn from Paul to be more zealous in preaching/teaching the Gospel of Christ to others.